RENTAL RULES & REGULATIONS
1. CHECK-IN TIME is after 4:00 p.m. and CHECK-OUT TIME is 10:00 a.m.
2. All units are NON-SMOKING units.
*THIS HOUSE IS PET FRIENDLY*
3. PETS- Pets are NOT PERMITTED, unless otherwise stated, and evidence of pets in the properties will result in immediate eviction and monetary penalties. Pet-friendly homes require a refundable security deposit which varies based on the property and length of stay. Pet damage in excess of the security deposit will be charged directly to the Tenant. DECLARE ALL PETS, IF APPLICABLE, BEFORE SIGNING THIS LEASE. Number of pet(s) _____________, Type of pet(s) _____________________, Weight ___________________.
All pets must be on leashes and pet owners are responsible for cleaning up of any/all pet refuse. Pets are NOT allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended. All pets are to be treated with flea and tick repellent (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. The home owners assume NO responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
4. OCCUPANCY RESTRICTIONS: TENANTS ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEY WILL NOT CONDUCT THEMSELVES IN AN UNLAWFUL MANNTER. Property owner authorizes Chesapeake Properties to rent to FAMILY GROUPS or ADULT GUESTS only. A family group is defined as parents, grandparents, children and extended family members vacationing in one Property. Adult guests must be 25 years of age. Non-family groups generally not allowed include high school or college students, sororities, fraternities or similar social groups whose members are under 25 years of age. Failure by Tenant to provide proof of identity with qualifying age on a valid photo ID may result in refusal by Owner or Agent to grant occupancy, with no refund of advance rents and fees. Adult guests may not exceed the occupancy stated on the lease at any time. Properties are leased without respect to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or familial status of any party. Possession by fraud or misrepresentation or material breach of the terms of the Vacation Rental Agreement may result in termination of this tenancy. Breach of this Agreement is grounds for expedited eviction, without refund.
5. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $300 is required. This must be received within our office seven (7) days of booking the reservation. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (7) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. All trash/garbage is placed in the dumpster and the dishwasher is to be loaded and run.
c. One load of laundry (linens and towels) is started before departure. The housekeeper will re-make the beds.
d. Turn off all ceiling fans.
e. Make sure all burners on the stove are turned to off position.
f. Remove all food from refrigerator and freezer.
g. Turn off all lights.
h. No cooking/frying fish inside the units, only allowed outside on the grill.
i. No linens are lost or damaged.
j. Linens must be used on all beds. Mattresses and shams are not for sleeping on.
k. Turn air-conditioner temperature to 80 degrees.
l. Lock each unit and return to the keys to Chesapeake Properties and place in blue box on side porch. Missing, lost, or keys not returned will incur a $5.00 charge per key to the Tenant.
6. FINAL PAYMENT-Final payment of the rental is required four (4) weeks before arrival. Payments made via credit card.
7. CANCELLATIONS- A thirty (30) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date will get a refund of the deposits LESS the booking and processing fees. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 30 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
8. MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS- Monthly renters must cancel (120) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least (90) days prior to check-in.
9. TAXES: Tenant shall pay appropriate sales and transient occupancy taxes required under this Agreement as part of the total package cost.
10. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE- While linens and bath towels are included in some of our units, daily maid service is NOT included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring your own beach towels as we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
11. LINEN/TOWEL SERVICE-If you do not wish to bring your own linens
And towels for the units that do not provide same, there is a linen service that can be utilized and the fees will be collected when you check out.
12. RATE CHANGES- Rates subject to change without notice.
13. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS- Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
14. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS- Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
15. HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY- No refunds will be given unless:
a. The National Weather Service orders mandatory evacuation in a “Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area” and/or
b. A “mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning” area of residence of a vacationing guest. The day that the National Weather Service orders a mandatory evacuation order in a “Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning,” area, we will refund: any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered, any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten their stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the “Hurricane Warning” period.
16. AGENCY DISCLOSURE: In Virginia, the Agent must notify Tenant of its agency relationship. Tenant acknowledges that Chesapeake Properties is employed by and represents the Property owner. Tenant is considered a customer of Agent. Subject Property may or may not be owned by a real estate licensee.
17. EXECUTION OF AGREEMENT: This Agreement is executed under authority granted by management agreement between Agent and Landlord and is subject to the terms an conditions of said Agreement. Tenant acknowledges this is a multiple page Agreement and that Tenant has read each page.